If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we would find in each person's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break @ the Red Sea



Being that I'm still a student after 17 years, I still get a spring break!!! AUC recognizes western and eastern holidays, so it works out that I get two weeks off for the break. So...Sarah and I took advantage of this time and took off to Dahab for a little time away from the craziness of Cairo. It was great! We spent four days of just beachin, snorkeling, swimming, and an all you can eat buffet!!! It did take an adventuresome nine hour bus ride across the Sinai, but it was worth it. Apparently this place is famous worldwide for its diving, but Sarah and I took it easy with just a snorkel. It was plenty for us to see all the crazy fish.



This is a famous diving location called the Blue Hole. It was rather amazing, but somewhat eery.

My beautiful wife getting her snorkel on. She was a little hesitant at first to go in, but after I convinced her there are no sharks in the Red Sea she jumped right in. But, we found out when we got home there are actually many kinds of sharks in there, whoops.



Enjoying a little coffee on the balcony. Well actually we were enjoying the scenery more than the coffee. If you've ever had NesCafe you know what I'm talking about. We also did a lot of people watching. The hotel we were at had many people from all over Europe. So... lets just say we saw some rather interesting swimsuits that showed us more than we wanted to see.




I caught Sarah here messing with this camel trying to sleep. It's become one of her favorite animals. She does a great impression of a how a camel eats, ask her about it.
We got a Kindle (an electronic book for those who are wondering what that is) for Christmas this year. I highly recommend it for anyone who likes to read, especially if they travel alot. And the books are cheaper. I think I'm demonstrating it nicely here, I might send this pic into Amazon.


Enjoying a nice dinner by the sea, bedouin style.

2 comments:

The McAdams' Family said...

So fun!! That water looks amazing! But I'm with Sarah! It would take a lot of talking into for me to not worry about sharks!!!

Brooke said...

love this. i laughed out loud about the shark thing...and the nescafe! :) miss yall and can't wait to have you home.