If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we would find in each person's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pyramids and Camels!!!


Meet Obama. The coolest camel in all of Egypt.
I think this is the most awkward creature God made, it really shows his humor. BL
Ben and Itty-bitty
I would not say it was the most comfortable ride, there was some serious chafing going on. BL
Me and Obama
Our first sight of the pyramids
This is downtown Cairo in the background. It is amazing how there is vegetation on one side and desert on the other.
Obama and Itty-bittyf

The guide really made us do this. I went along with it, I was too concerned with my chafing. I guess they are just so awkward and large it makes for a very bumpy ride. BL


Walk like an Egyptian...hahaha the guide made me do it....:)
I was trying to think of something witty to say here, but I think the picture says it all. BL
If you look closely you can see my camel smiling, I told him to.
Our guide ditched his horse and then decided to jump on my camel with me. After a few minutes down the road, I began to feel very uncomfortable with this arrangement. Lets just say I don't want to be that close to any man. I quickly joined my wife. BL

Can you believe this is down the street from us? I'm just saying, most people have a Walmart or a large mall. We have King Tut pyramids, I'm not bragging, I'm just saying. BL



The Sphinx
Some delicious Arabic food for lunch, shwarma and kushire
This was in downtown Cairo. The buildings we beautiful!
This is supposed to show you how bad the traffic is all the time....but how about a cool building instead!
We went to the Egyptian museum after and it was filled with overwhelming history. We need a full day alone just to absorb all of it. It was amazing....

SL

3 comments:

Brooke said...

how amazing!!! i love that you rode a camel named obama....awesome pictures! i'm so happy yall are getting to experience all of this cool stuff...and that we get to watch! :)

The Irwins said...

I love it! We're praying for you guys and missing you :( But it's so good to see pictures and hear updates!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Hey Sarah! Looks like you guys are getting settled in. I saw a blog today I thought you might like- http://www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend! Hope you are getting used to the calls for prayer.