If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we would find in each person's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A day at the Beach


It was beginning to look like ground hog day at our apartment in Cairo. So we decided to head east, about an hour down the road to the Red Sea. It was fun. A good place to relax and get away from the city (honking horns, 4:30 a.m. prayers, stray cats, and the sound of screeching tires as you sit and wait for the crash, but are actually a little disappointed when you don't hear it.) Oh did I mention traffic is crazy, its an adventure every time you enter a cab. Anyways, we went to Ain Sukna, and had a great time.




Me and my beautiful wife! We had the whole beach to ourselves. I guess its to late in the year for tourists, and the locals were still asleep. BL
I thought I saw someone drowning. This is just displaying my killer instincts as I sprint through the water, quick like a cat. There was nobody drowning, but if there was, I would have been there. BL

Just sarah trying to part the waters. It kinda looks like she did, but its just the low tide that morning. BL
Just enjoying God's beautiful and creative creations as the day comes to an end.


This actually has nothing to do with the Red Sea, just a quick look at Cairo at night.



1 comment:

The Rozell Family said...

enjoying ya'lls blog so much. I am so thankful you found a job Sarah. We are all good, its been raining here in Texas like CRAZY. Today finlly was no rain since Fri! We did arrends, the park, library...the usual. Both boys are doing good. We are going up to New England in a few weeks. Missing you guys.... keep in touch