If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we would find in each person's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Monday, September 14, 2009

Romans 12:2

Today as I sat in the back of a cab feeling so degraded I attempted to tell the driver where to go, in my best broken arabic. As I am looking out the window ( I cannot watch the driving anymore or I will have a heart attack) watching the trash, stray cats and dogs and the hungry go by, while listening to the sound of honking horns and screeching brakes, the weight of this place begins to sink in to me. After I did not get our internet fixed for the 3rd week in a row, I got back in another taxi. I came home to listen to Chandler, but prayer came on and I could not hear him. I love Cairo and everything about it. It is diverse and rich in culture, but that doesn't mean it isn't hard seeing the perfect suburb life and then this.

Did you know that just a few hundred miles south of us a women in Sudan will take 40 lashes for wearing trousers. nytimes.com

With all we have, we have come so far to lift Your name on high. It's all about You. Sleep, peace, understanding and rest are only found in You. He is our only refuge from the daily pain we see. Our time here is not to impart wisdom upon ourselves but to serve Christ. And we will submit. Eventually Chandler lead me to Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.


On a side note, here are a few pictures of my sweet, sweet preschoolers I see in the mornings.


A little blurry, but he is too precious not to post.
And I have saved the best for last....Egyptians begin dancing lessons young.....

No comments: