If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we would find in each person's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Lord is good, all the time. And all the time, The Lord is good.

It has now been two months since we have moved to Egypt, and we could not love it anymore. The swine flu outbreak is over (for now) and Ben is right in the middle of a test, a research paper, over 500 pages of reading a week, and contemplating a thesis. I am still working with my preschoolers in the morning and I go to African Hope school in the afternoon. My first week with them was tough, because I so badly do not want to be "The white teacher that pulls them out of class and ask them to read". Right now they just want to shake my hand and know my name. I crave relationship with every single one of them. Everyday I hear them repeat "The Lord is good, all the time. And all the time, The Lord is good". Amen.

On my third day I was doing some work and I heard a joyful noise coming from across the hall. Christ is alive and active, and I was glad I brought my camera that day.


Every day I tend to wonder if they are going to teach me more about life and following Christ than I am going to teach them about the ABC's.


We had the chance to hang out with some of God's children here in Cairo.

My classroom at school
We really thought you would all enjoy seeing how our Egyptian cornbread turned out, as you all tell us how wonderful the weather and fall food is back home.


We are missing home now with the holiday season around the corner. We are meeting people and finding a touch of everyone in our new friends, but you are all irreplaceable and we pray for you and your lives daily. We miss you.
Grace,
SL


3 comments:

The Irwins said...

I love reading about how God is teaching you about Himself where you are. It is so encouraging! We love you guys dearly -

Kelley and Jeremy

The Rozell Family said...

yeah!!! so fun to read this and know you are both doing well. We think of you guys often and say "I wonder how Ben and sarah are doing"!! Mising you guys too. We just got back from a week in New England. Spent 3 days in boston then went up to Maine and New Hampshire. It was amazing. Good to be home though!

keep in touch. ya'll need anything?

The McAdams' Family said...

i love hearing those voices! Sounds like heaven!
Love you so much:)