If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we would find in each person's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Update

I want to first thank you all for your constant prayers and support. It is such an encouragement to hear about people praying for this place. MCC is has jumped right back on their feet, and now are just hoping for God to stir up affections for their needs in everyone again. I talked to my mother-in-law, Cindy, for a good bit today about African Hope and their needs. The Lord is working through us to do something for their long term, and short term needs. He has spoon fed me a way into these children lives, I am just not sure why. His will is what I am after, and He is faithful.

On a lighter note, I wanted to share with you some of the fun fun fun times we have had with the youth, when we see them. If you are not sure what we are doing with the youth, we are too. If you are not sure why we are in Egypt, we are too. I like to call her my mentor/role model/sister/most amazing person i've ever met/Amy, is the youth and children's pastor at MCC, kind of threw us right in to leadership roles with this international group of youth. We both never thought in a million years we would be working with youth, let alone in Egypt, but we are. God has a sense of humor doesn't He? Anyway, we love being able to walk with this group through all the hardships living overseas brings, as well as having a blast following Christ. We were fortunate enough to have gone with them on a retreat out in Sakara.

Ben and I may or may not have provided the youth will an amazing show on talent show night, at retreat.

Gustapo.
Gustapo team that hid while the youth tried to find us. The game is pretty well known at church camp, but I was not a church camp kid, so it was all new to me! The kids tried to find me, and if they did, I traded them their "passport" for a "secret document". But, if Ben or Tara jumped out with a flashlight and called "Gustapo", you had to go to jail. It was awesome.


This has nothing to do with anything, except for the sole reason that our zipploc baggies have arab family's on them. Gosh, I love Egypt.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

i love it! those bags are awesome and i can only IMAGINE the awesomness that was your talent on talent show night. we miss yall so much and hope we can talk soon! love you both so so much!