If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we would find in each person's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

BL-20 Weeks



How far along? 20 Weeks 
Baby is the size of a... 300 g and length of a banana
Total weight gain: 6 Kilos-wowzers
Maternity clothes? Yep, I need em.  I may have cried a little yesterday when I put on a dress that had about a foots distance between the zippers.  I had to give a speech at my school's athletic awards which meant wearing something nice.  Nice is difficult while pregnant and out of the country.  My gap maternity stuff is coming this weekend.  Yippee!!!!
Stretch marks? Nope.  I am using shea butter and cocoa butter everyday.  
Sleep?: I am sleeping great now.   Lots of pillows usually helps.  Sleeping on my belly is impossible now but spooning a pillow has turned out to be quite nice.  
Best moment this week: Feeling BL do back flips.  Dr's apt was easy (minus the heated debate in the lobby about the next egyptian president).  BL is healthily measuring to be a week bigger than he should be.  Another great moment this week was saying goodbye to all my students and the staff at CAC and AHLC.  Bittersweet, as it should be.  I have two days left at CAC.
Miss Anything? This question is probably referring to pre-preggo, but I am going to make it my own since, well, this is my questionnaire.  I miss mexican food (chips and queso, tamales, everything really), I miss good healthy salads such as La Madaline's spinach or caesar.  I miss not having to pay 10 dollars for a box of cheerios that I crave everyday.  I miss blueberries, blackberries and raspberries from costco.  Enough about food, I miss my family the most.  
Movement: Yes, just in the past few days have I really been able to say "did you feel that?", "what about that?" to ben.  He can't feel anything yet.  I know he wants to feel what I do.  
Food cravings: We have already discussed this.  I better not take off again.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat and all foul Cairo street smells.  There is nothing like walking home, eating some delicious frozen yogurt and smelling open sewers, horse/donkey/sheep poo and a dead cat.  The frozen yogurt isn't so delicious anymore.  
Gender: Sweet Baby Boy
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: I can feel my stomach rising into my chest. Ya, it doesn't feel nice.  
Belly Button in or out?  Half of it is still hanging on.  Be strong, little guy!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!!!
Looking forward to: Going to the beach this weekend with the Widener's, the Turlands and the Wilson's!

No comments: